COVID19 Test and Certificate
- From 1 Oct 2021, our clinic will providing COVID-19 test for walk-in cases. However, it is recommended to make an appointment via the LINK here.
- If the result is positive for COVID-19, it means that you can not travel as you planned.
- If it’s positive, you will have to be admitted to Hospital for Tropical Diseases, other private or public hospital or hospitel (designated hotel) or stay at your place waiting for the assigned healthcare facilities. This will be based on the clinical judgement of the Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
- If you test positive for COVID rapid antigen test, you will have to get swabbed and tested for real time RT-PCR to confirm the diagnosis. All the expense will be on you.
- For safety reason: If you have contacted someone with COVID19 or have any fever or any COVID19 related symptoms, or at risk of COVID-19 infection; you have to visit our fever/ARI clinic. You cannot visit our Travel Clinic.
INSTRUCTION: How to request for COVID-19 test/certificate
1) Carefully read travel regulation/requirement from the destination country and airline to determine which type of test is needed and how many hours prior the flight.
2) Determine which type of certificate that you will need for the trip (based on country and airline regulation)
3) We perform 2 different valid test methods which are
a. the standard PCR-based analysis (realtime RT-PCR)
b. the rapid antigen-based test (RDT)
4) Making an appointment
• If you would like to get tested (either RT-PCR or rapid antigen test), please book an appointment..
• We will perform specimen collection (swab) ONLY at these following time;
- Monday – Friday at 9 AM, 11 AM and 2 PM
- Saturday – Sunday at 10.30 AM
- We may open on some public holidays at 10.30 AM as well (Please contact us or look at the appointmen table)
• Please arrive at the clinic at least 15 minutes before specimen collecting time to complete the document and see the doctor.
• That means, even you have completed the consultation process at 8.30 AM, you will need to wait until 9 AM for specimen collection.
5. On appointment day
• Please show your email booking confirmation and confirmed filght ticket to our staffs when requested.
• Please also bring a copy of your passport for accurate data entering.
• When you visit our clinic, you will need to see our nurses and doctors to evaluate you before sample collected. The whole process will take approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
6. COVID-19 test and the result
- After testing, you will receive 2 documents.
- COVID-19 test report
- Medical certificate.
- Our laboratories are certified and provide the tests that meet the standards for pre-departure testing. The lab report and medical certificate can be used as your travel documents, both domestic and international travelling.
- Medical certificate will include all these information; your name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, date and time of sample collection, testing method and test result. It will also state whether you have any COVID-19 related symptoms or not.
- The COVID-19 test report and medical certificate will be issued in English (in Thai - per request)
• Real time RT-PCR
o Samples will be collected from throat and nose.
o If needed, we can send you the scanned COVID-19 test report through the given email address within the next morning. Please inform our staff. However, we cannot send you the scanned medical certificate
oMedical certificate and original COVID-19 test report will be ready to pick up on the next morning. (After 10 a.m. on Monday – Friday and from 9-11 AM. on Saturday – Sunday and public holiday)
• COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test
o Please note that ONLY some airlines and countries accept COVID-19 rapid antigen test.
o Right now, we use Rapid Antigen test from Abbott which has high perfomance and very reliable. The test is approved by international health authorities. The sensitivity is 91.4% and specificity is 99.8%. You can see detail here in this link.
o Sample will be collected from the nose only.
o The result and medical certificate will be ready within 2 hours after we collect the specimen.
o In case the positive result of rapid antigen test, you will need to be confirmed with real time RT-PCR which the expense will be on you.
7. The expense
• Real time RT-PCR
o The cost for this test is 2,600 baht (FROM 1st November 2021), all inclusive. You will need to pay on the day you visit us.
o However, if you pick up on public holiday, you will need to pay an additional fee 400 baht.
• COVID-19 rapid Antigen test
o The cost for this test is 1,000 baht (FROM 1st November 2021), including the test, doctor fee, hospital fee, and medical certificate. You will need to pay on the day you visit us.
8. Certificate for COVID19-free symptom
• Due to the current situation of COVID-19 in Thailand and a high proportion of mild symptom and asymptomatic cases, we do not issue the certificate stating that you are free of COVID-19 infection. Therefore, you will always need to get tested either with real time RT-PCR or rapid antigen test. Please make an appointment for the test via this link.
9) We cannot guarantee that you will get COVID19 certificate as you requested. The decision to give/not give medical certificate will depend on our doctor's professional judgement. We also cannot guarantee that you will get the certificate ontime and cannot guarantee that our certificate will considered as 'a green light' in all circumstances. We accept no responsibility of any loss, any consequence for this matter.
10) If you're not sure about our service or whether we can serve your need, please feel free to contact us via email/chatbox in this page. In some circumstance, we will offer a teleconsultation with our doctor.
Update 4 November 2021
You will need to pay on the day you visit us.