Scheduled maintenance for COVID19 Lab on 19 August 2020. On this day, COVID19 test is unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience.
We are the part of the Hospital for Tropical Diseases which is the specialized hospital. Our expertise is in Tropical / Travel medicine. So we can provide a comprehensive medical care in diagnosis, lab testing and treatment of many tropical diseases such as
1. Dengue, malaria and other tropical diseases
Fever arises in tropical countries could result from tropical diseases including dengue infection, malaria, leptospirosis, etc which are potentially serious. Or fever could arise from more common diseases such as common cold or flu. Unfortunately the only way to get the confirmed diagnosis is to see a doctor.
Some useful articles:
2. Rabies post exposure treatment
Possible rabies exposure is a medical urgency condition. If you're bitten, scratched by a dog, cat, monkey or any kind of mammal. Do not forget to clean the wound thoroughly with soap and water. You should also seek for medical care without delay. In most cases, you are recommended to get rabies vaccine +/- immunoglobulin.
If you have already got medical treatment from other hospitals/clinic, please bring your medical record, vaccination card with you.
3. Travelers' diarrhea: Diagnosis and treatment
Travelers' diarrhea is very common in travelers. Most travelers' diarrhea are mild and spontaneous recover. However in some cases it is recommended to see a doctor. Please read this article: I have traveler's diarrhea, what should I do? Should I see a doctor?
- If you have or think you have a medical emergency/urgency, visit the nearest hospital or in emergency dial 1669.
- We are NOT a general hospital. So some units/departments/specialists are not available in our hospital such as, but not limited to, OB-GYN, Trauma, Surgery, Urology, Orthopedist